DVCS (was Re: Moving to D)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jan 16 23:17:22 PST 2011

"retard" <re at tard.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:ih0b1t$g2g$3 at digitalmars.com...

> For example used 17" TFTs cost less than $40.

Continuing to use my 21" CRT costs me nothing.

> Even the prices aren't very competitive. I only remember that all refresh
> rates below 85 Hz caused me headache and eye fatigue. You can't use the
> max resolution @ 60 Hz for very long.

I run mine no lower than 85 Hz. It's about 100Hz at the moment.

And I never need to run it at the max rez for long. It's just nice to be
able to bump it up now and then when I want to. Then it goes back down. And
yet people feel the need to bitch about me liking that ability.

>> Why should *I* spend the money to replace something that already
> works fine for me?
>
> You might get more things done by using a bigger screen. Maybe get some
> money to buy better equipment and stop complaining.

You've got to be kidding me...*other* people start giving *me* crap about
what *I* choose to use, and you try to tell me *I'm* the one that needs to
stop complaining? I normally try very much to avoid direct personal comments
and only attack the arguments not the arguer, but seriously, what the hell
is wrong with your head that you could even think of such an enormously
idiotic thing to say?

Meh, I'm not going to bother with the rest...