Google Summer of Code and the like

new2d too at difficult.is
Mon Jan 17 20:29:19 PST 2011

Trass3r Wrote:

> new2d's recent post made me think about this.
> Couldn't we try to get D development sponsored by Google SoC or something
> similar?

You should seriously consider if D is the next big language. It's hard to believe D works without major funding. All the other high performance languages and projects are getting multimillion dollar grants. There's also half a dozen books about D, but when I tried to find papers about D from Citeseer, I came back empty handed. Was the conference in the past associated with ACM?