D 2 target architectures

Trass3r un at known.com
Tue Jan 18 02:08:46 PST 2011

> Thanks! The documentation didn't help much in solving the low level details. It
isn't clear to me how it uses SSE or AVX. But.. gotta give it a go.

I think std.parallelism will be more about thread-level parallelism rather than SIMD.

> Why doesn't the "official" D compiler generate fast code? Is the main priority
reliability or standards conformance? But.. I'll test how well GDC works with GCC
4.5 and 4.6.

dmd's backend isn't that advanced. But it provides a reference implementation of
the language whose frontend is reused in gdc and ldc.