What Makes A Programming Language Good

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Jan 18 03:26:24 PST 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:32:53 +0000 (UTC)
Trass3r <un at known.com> wrote:

> We must avoid having the same disastrous situation like C/C++ where
> everyone uses a different system, CMake, make, scons, blabla.

I agree (planning not to use blabla build system, but waf).

Otoh, I hope D2 will also be able to avoid things like:

http://cdsmith.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/haskells-own-dll-hell/

However, for now I'm more concerned to see 64bit DMD, complete QtD (or
some other workable GUI bindings), some database bindings
etc. first...

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA