Too much flexibility is dangerous for large systems

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Jan 18 04:07:35 PST 2011

Walter:

> Large Java programs (as related to me by corporate Java programmers) tend to be
> excessively complex because the language is too simple.

I agree, the original Java was too much simple, the lack of things like generics and delegates increases code complexity and size.
But I think that too much flexibility too is dangerous for large projects, as the article says. So I presume for large commercial systems some intermediate point is the optimum. I think C# is very well on this middle point :-) (C# and D purposes are not the same, so I don't expect D and C# to be equal).

Bye,
bearophile