What Makes A Programming Language Good

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:13:38 PST 2011

Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> Your tool will just download the latest version of Y and the
> whole thing crashes and burns.

My problem is I don't see how that'd happen in the first place. Who
would distribute something they've never compiled?

If they compiled it, it would have downloaded the other libs
already, so any sane distribution *already* has the dependent
libraries, making this whole thing moot.

The build tool is meant to help the developer, not the user. If
the user needs help, it means the developer didn't do his job
properly.

That said, the configuration file, as described in my last post,
seems like it can solve this easily enough.