What Makes A Programming Language Good

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:54:14 PST 2011

Jesse Phillips wrote:
> But if they haven't done any development on it for the last year, but
> the library it depends on has...

Unless you give library authors write access to your hard drive,
it doesn't matter. They can't make your old, saved version
magically disappear. If you then distribute that saved version
with the rest of your app or library, it Just Works for the customer.

I think I'm now at the point where I've spent more time
posting to this thread than I've ever spent maintaining makefiles!

If I have a different perspective on this from everyone else, there's
really no point talking about it further. We might as well just
go our separate ways.