renamepalooza time

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 05:48:16 PST 2011

On 01/21/2011 09:43 AM, Lutger Blijdestijn wrote:
> newline and whitespace: not sure how it is called in English, but these look
> like they have become single words and are fine.

I would not make such exceptions because there is no rational criterion
to determine which multiple-word terms have become kinds of single-word
terms, in english, AFAIK (eg: filename, dirname, drivename, fullname,
shortname?). Anyway, D is not an english dialect, it just reuses the
english lexicon.
Programmers would be left in constant doubt. Thus, the only practical
scheme is a systematic rule: more-than-one-word ==> camel-case. It's
more annoying to type, agreed, for common 2-words-only terms; but one
can then always guess what the correct form is --without any doubt.
Also: very newcomer friendly.

Denis