renamepalooza time

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:47:41 PST 2011

On 01/22/2011 12:17 AM, bearophile wrote:
 > You are right. But I'd like to know why Phobos uses camelcase instead
of underscores (as used in C and Python). I think variable names in
camelcase are less noisy.

I have used underscores for a long time, then had to switch to camelcase
for conformance with an enforced coding style. Annoyed for a while.
Then, I realised that camelcase may be better because it is visually
clearer in complicated expressions; I mean '_' is too "shy", it doesn't
obviously enough tie together parts of a single identifier.
Even '-' (heavily used in languages that allow it) is too "shy".
I also don't like '_' at start/end of ids for similar reasons.
	xyz.foo_._bar (param);
(But it's only me...)

Denis