DVCS

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Jan 21 22:54:11 PST 2011

On 1/22/11 12:35 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
> Phobos1 on 10.10 is dying in its unit tests because Ubuntu changed how
> gcc's strtof() works. Erratic floating point is typical of C runtime
> library implementations (the transcendentals are often sloppily done),
> which is why more and more Phobos uses its own implementations that Don
> has put together.

I think we must change to our own routines anyway. One strategic
advantage of native implementations of strtof (and the converse sprintf
etc.) is that we can CTFE them, which opens the door to interesting
applications.

I have something CTFEable starting from your dmc code, but never got
around to handling all of the small details.

Andrei