Unilink - alternative linker for win32/64, DMD OMF extensions?

Dmitry Olshansky dmitry.olsh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 10:32:22 PST 2011

On 23.01.2011 20:43, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Yeah I can reproduce the same thing as you have.
>
> I did manage to convert an OMF to COFF file format, and link it with
> GCC (MinGW). See my thread here:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=digitalmars.D&artnum=127079
>
> I have yet to try it on more complex examples though. Give it a try
> and let me know if it works? :)
Well after a pass through omf2d, the ulink says about the resulting obj:
Fatal: Entry point must be specified
So, yes it strips something, yet it's no longer an invalid OMF ;)
Anyhow after jumping though some hoops with objconv  I got ld to
linktime, but it gets a pack of unresolved externals from D's
runtime/phobos and I don't think converting them all is wise idea.

--
Dmitry Olshansky