Showing unittest in documentation (Was Re: std.unittests[updated] for review)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jan 24 13:16:18 PST 2011

"Andrej Mitrovic" <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.910.1295903266.4748.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> It's often the case that you want documentation examples to be short,
> but also correct. But you still want to write complex unittests that
> you don't want to put in the documentation. Sounds like a perfect
> candidate for named unittests:
>
> unittest(ddoc)
> {
>   // outputted in documentation
> }
>
> Here "ddoc" would be a predefined identifier, kind of like X86 is for
> version() statements.
>
> unittest // our own complex unittest that we don't want to output in
> the documentation
> {
>    // ...
> }

That also provides a good solution for unittests that belong in the examples
of more than one item:

unittest(foo, bar)
{
  // Use both foo and bar