const/immutable member functions

foobar foo at bar.com
Tue Jan 25 01:59:16 PST 2011

so Wrote:

> > Look at this from a "It reads like English" prospective and not from a
> > "I'm an experienced c++ programmer and therefore already used to this
> > crap" perspective.
> > In other words, if you were just starting to learn your first
> > programming language, what would confuse you less?
>
> If i was starting to learn a language, everything would confuse me.
> I know C rules, i learned it with zero hostility to any other language, it
> is perfectly natural to me.
> Ok you said your natural language is not English, how is that you still
> speak it, could be because you just learned its basics?
> Which one is the Yoda now? Hebrew or English? Which one is natural? Or i
> should ask which one is natural for "you"?

Boy you missed the point by about 2.5 light years..

All I said is that Since D is English based (terminology, etc) it would make sense to follow a more English like word ordering in order to make the learning curve less steep. It obviously doesn't apply to someone who's already ahead of the learning curse such as yourself.
There are Hebrew (and many other languages..) based programming languages out there and analogously it would make sense to strive for a Hebrew look and feel for those as well.

Your argument boils down to something like "Who needs cars? I'm riding my horse Johnny since childhood..Feels natural to me" This has no relevance to an objective comparison between a car and a horse.