const/immutable member functions

so so at so.do
Tue Jan 25 08:36:37 PST 2011

> Here's another perspective:
> A professor that teaches introduction to CS in first semester to
> students that never programmed before needs to choose a programing
> language. One of the criteria for choosing which language to use is of
> course the learning curve.
> I'm sure you know that not all universities choose c/c++ for this. In
> fact, I know of several universities that use scheme as that first
> programming language.

C++ is complex, it is obvious why it is harder to learn.
Other languages don't have this mostly because they are not as powerful (i
don't think i need to explain this).
And this is what i mean, the reason its complexity, not the building
blocks we are talking about. (again, i don't believe this syntax has
anything to do with C++ being complex).