Is D still alive?

Fab fab-coding at web.de
Wed Jan 26 11:25:10 PST 2011

Dear D community,
My name is Fabian and I used to code C++ and Delphi. But a few month ago I've
got a book about D as a present. All in all D sounds very interesting ... but
- the "big" but - is D still alive?
Are there usable and stable GUI-Toolkits which are actually under development?
Are there any continued database projects?

So - is there any reason to change to D? I would ... I really would change if
there were more points than a nice language. I don't buy a good car if it's to
expensive - so: is D as precious as its pretend to be?

Greetings
Fabian

PS: I hope you can understand my bad English.