Is D still alive?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jan 26 12:16:03 PST 2011

"Fab" <fab-coding at web.de> wrote in message
news:ihpu4u$24bp$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> But is there also a productive IDE for 'the daily use'?
> I'm used to code Delphi and there is also everything in the IDE I need to
> code
> full featured applications.
> I don't need a GUI-Designer (but it would be nice - maybe something like
> the
> QT-Designer) but a IDE which supports graphical debugging is vital for me.

I use Programmer's Notepad 2 which does everything I care about and is very
nicely lean and responsive. I'm not sure if it does debugging though, I've
never tried. If you prefer the bigger (bloated, IMO) IDE's then there are
two D pulgins for Eclipse ("Descent" is the older more advanced one, and
there's another, I forget the name, that's newer and being actively
developed). There is also stuff out there to make D work well with Visual
Studio (see the "D.announcements" newsgroup).