Is D still alive?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Jan 26 14:19:06 PST 2011

On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 14:09:25 Walter Bright wrote:
> Trass3r wrote:
> > But once you had a test drive, you just can't get out anymore.
>
> I've had more than one longtime C++ expert tell me that after using D for a
> while, then for work reasons get forced back into C++, just find themselves
> cringing every time they edit it.

LOL. Yeah. There's just so many little things that D improves on that when
you're stuck in C++ land, you're constantly running into little things that you
miss having or are annoyed to have to deal with. auto has probably been the
biggest one for me, though slicing isn't far behind. At least auto will be in
C++ 0x...

I dream of the day that I'll be able to use D all of the time and not have to
worry about C++ anymore.

- Jonathan M Davis