Is D still alive?

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:54:11 PST 2011

> Clearly, if you think that not being strict about indices is a good idea, you're
> either dealing with very different circumstances than I have and/or you're coding
> very differently. Regardless, since it's trivial to create a wrapper that does
> what you want, I don't think that there's any reason to change how slicing
> works.

I would agree with you be reasoning "in pure air" (I mean without having used
both semantic versions). But concrete experience (of a huge number of
programmers) in widely used programming languages demonstrate the opposite.
Slice /upper/ bound checking is an idea that looks good in theory but is not in
practice.

Denis