Purity

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Thu Jan 27 10:33:27 PST 2011

On 17/12/2010 09:41, Don wrote:
> bearophile wrote:
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/enajl/purity_in_d_language/
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>
> Nice.
> BTW you're incorrectly attributing some things to me. Although I
> recently championed the 'weakly pure' idea, I think Bruno made the
> original proposal.

Well, kinda... I started the thread which described the original
proposal in detail, and described how it was actually sound and
potentially useful:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Idea_partially_pure_functions_70762.html

But the idea itself didn't originate from me, it was derived from
something you said, (or at least inspired by something you said):

"I want to conceptualize an idea that has been briefly mentioned in the
previous pure discussions (by Don I think?), but has not been explicitly
brought into attention."

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer