Is D still alive?

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Jan 27 19:48:01 PST 2011

On Thursday 27 January 2011 19:29:59 Walter Bright wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > One issue with DbC is that its only significant advantage is its
> > interplay with inheritance. Otherwise, scope() in conjunction with
> > assert works with less syntactic overhead. So DbC tends to shine with
> > large and deep hierarchies... but large and deep hierarchies are not
> > that a la mode anymore.
>
> Yes, you might be right.

I generally end up using unit tests to verify that stuff works correctly and then
throw exceptions on bad input. So while I like having DbC built in, I don't end
up using it all that much. It's prim,arily invariant that I end up using though,
and that's harder to do inside of the member functions.

- Jonathan M Davis