DMD for FreeBSD

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Jan 28 00:39:04 PST 2011

On Friday 28 January 2011 00:21:49 Gour wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:40:33 -0800
>
> Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> > No. Actually, I like FreeBSD a lot.
>
> Cool. It means we can count on it. :-)

Yes, though be aware that it's probably the least-tested out of the platforms,
so it's probably the most likely to be buggy. Most everything is platform-
independent, but not everything is. A bug was fixed for FreeBSD just the other
day where the FreeBSD build of druntime lacked CLOCK_MONOTONIC, and it's been
several weeks since any of the Posix builds would have built without it, so
obviously it's not getting tested all that much by the core druntime and phobos
developers. However, if bugs are reported, we'll obviously fix them. It's just
that they're more likely to get through due to a lack of testing and usage of
dmd, druntime, and phobos on FreeBSD.

- Jonathan M Davis