DMD for FreeBSD

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 28 00:48:52 PST 2011

> On Friday 28 January 2011 00:21:49 Gour wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:40:33 -0800
>>
>> Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>>> No. Actually, I like FreeBSD a lot.
>>
>> Cool. It means we can count on it. :-)
>
> Yes, though be aware that it's probably the least-tested out of the platforms,
> so it's probably the most likely to be buggy. Most everything is platform-
> independent, but not everything is. A bug was fixed for FreeBSD just the other
> day where the FreeBSD build of druntime lacked CLOCK_MONOTONIC, and it's been
> several weeks since any of the Posix builds would have built without it, so
> obviously it's not getting tested all that much by the core druntime and phobos
> developers. However, if bugs are reported, we'll obviously fix them. It's just
> that they're more likely to get through due to a lack of testing and usage of
> dmd, druntime, and phobos on FreeBSD.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

If I can get an account of a reasonably well connected, always on the 'net, freebsd (x86, 32 bit, reasonably modern
release) box, I'll be happy to setup a continuous tester on it (see also http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/).  That'll
help keep it both building and passing the test suite.

Later,
Brad