Suggestion: New D front page

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 12:14:53 PST 2011

I wrote:
> I started writing this site in D
> http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/

I continued with this a little more, and I'm starting to like it
now.

I added a relative time thing to the commits, for example,
"1 day ago on druntime". This way, a visitor can tell at-a-glance
that D is actively developed.

My compile and run thing works. I probably won't keep it
for security reasons, but it does some cool things like
support cgi output, (some) third party libraries, and demangled
error output.

The code that auto-fills could be a rotation of small example
programs, or it might have some little tabs above it (or something)
to load up a bunch of examples on demand.

Anyone have ideas on how to best implement the announcements
and featured projects thing? I figure the featured projects
could be a manually maintained list, from which it picks some
at random to show. Announcements seems like the best would be
to pull recent thread titles off the announce newsgroup, but
I don't know how to make that actually happen.