Suggestion: New D front page

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 14:29:48 PST 2011

bearophile:
> - The vertical alignment of the "D" and "language" are not right.

hahaha, you sound like the designers I work with. I just spent
a minute tweaking, though details like that can easily be
changed later.

I'm implementing the announcement reader now. I'm tempted
to just write a full replacement for that awful web news program
while I'm at it too!

> It may use the ideone API, but it uses an old D2 compiler...

I think we need more control than it offers, to stay up-to-date
and maybe offer other little fixes (like I did here).

It would probably be best to set up a dedicated VM or something
somewhere that's expendable so if security is compromised, it
doesn't hurt anything.

> The Hello World in D is ugly. It's an unnecessary huge program.
> [snip other content ideas]

All content is placeholders, like in the OP's image:

http://digitalpoetry.se/D%20website/D%20overview%20design.png

I changed the program though because I wanted to test my
sandbox environment with something a little more interesting
than hello world :) I like pretty pictures.

I agree with you that it could use some tweaks, but I
don't have any opinion on the specifics.