What Makes A Programming Language Good

foobar foo at bar.com
Sat Jan 29 15:00:48 PST 2011

Daniel Gibson Wrote:

> Am 29.01.2011 21:21, schrieb el muchacho:
> > Le 18/01/2011 13:01, Vladimir Panteleev a écrit :

> >> It also demotivates and alienates programmers.
> >>

> > I don't believe so. I've never seen any C++ programmer who has worked on
> > other languages like Java complain about the Java naming conventions or
> > the obligatory one class = one file. Never. In the contrary, I believe
> > most of them, when going back to C++, try to follow the same conventions
> > as much as possible.
>
> I often find one class = one file annoying. I haven't done much with
> C++, but some stuff with Java and D1.
>
> I mostly agree with javas naming conventions, though.
>
> Cheers,
> - Daniel

I just wanted to remind that the accurate Java rule was one _public_ class per file. You can have more than one class in a file as long as only one is declared public.
I dunno about your experience but mine was that this is not a problem in practice, at least not for me.
As usually said bout this kind of things, YMMV.