Is D not-for-profit or not?!

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Sun Jan 30 05:14:32 PST 2011

> On Saturday 29 January 2011 21:41:28 Jack wrote:
>> Tell!
>
> No trolling please.

It's a legitimate question, one that's been asked many times, and one
that I've never seen Walter answer. Instead, we have people who fill in
answers for him.

I think it would make people more comfortable to know what Walter thinks
with regard to D and money. Is he in it for money? If so, how does he
plan to make it?

There's nothing wrong with being in it for money, but it would be nice
to know up front and in what manner.

> D is a programming language. There's nothing about D which would be for profit or
> not for profit. You don't sell a programming language.

Tell Google that programming languages aren't sold. They're being sued
by Oracle for essentially implementing Java. One of the big reasons
Oracle bought Sun was to get Java.