Smartphones and D

Andrew Wiley debio264 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 07:14:18 PST 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Denis Koroskin <2korden at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:23:21 +0300, Trass3r <un at known.com> wrote:
>
>  That said I really hope D gets an ARM backend. While it isn't likely for a
>>> DMD to happen, it could for LDC.
>>>

>> As I said in my other answer to this topic GDC has already been compiled
>> as an ARM cross-compiler.
>>

> Good to know, thanks!

I've also built a GDC ARM native compiler. Both builds were mainly blocked
by this issue:
https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/issue/120/gc-enters-an-infinite-loop-on-arm

So for now, GDC does seem to work on ARM, but if optimizations are enabled
when building druntime, the GC breaks. If optimizations aren't enabled,
everything seems to work, but hasn't really been tested.
Actually, I should try running the Phobos/Druntime test suite on ARM. Should
be fun.