Is D not-for-profit or not?!

Akakima akakima33 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 10:14:58 PST 2011

>  I think you're mixing up "Open Source" with "Free Software".

No.

Aren't you mixing up free with $ ?

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source

and read some of the history of the FSF.

There are free (0 $) products/software that comes with no source and a
little freedom.

Some vendors associate free with 0$, an solely with $.
By doing this, they put a price on freedom.

Freedom begins by free. There is a reason for this.

Exchanging money is a legitimate way of exchanging energy.
Problems arise when this is the only way of exchange.

I think Walter is making an effort to go Open Source. His intentions are not
clear to the mass because he never expressed them. He may not be at ease to
do so.
He sure did within the inner circle of D.

Look around. The world is becoming open.

There was a time, when Open Source was not invented, when giving away
"source code", would have been viewed as a crime, a friend of mine, gaved me
the source code of a fortran compiler.

That source code camed on microfilm. I was so excited. In a state of joy.
I read all of it with a a microscope! I learned. I shared.