Is D not-for-profit or not?!

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jan 30 10:51:15 PST 2011

retard wrote:
> For example I doubt that even if you donate one
> million USD, they won't rename the keywords or __traits into something
> readable or add built-in first class tuples.

$1,000,000 buys a lot.

> I also doubt you can make
> the dmc/dmd backend FOSS with any sum of money.

Sure you can. I don't know what the price would be, but Symantec is a profit
seeking company. As far as I know, they have no personal or pride issues that
would get in the way of a business decision.

Accepting donations makes me uncomfortable. If you want to support Digital Mars
financially, please purchase one of our fine products at:

http://www.digitalmars.com/shop.html

get a D coffee cup at:

http://www.digitalmars.com/gift/index.html

buy a programming book at:

http://www.digitalmars.com/bibliography.html

or hire me to speak about D, programming, compilers, etc., at your company.