Suggestion: New D front page

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 12:23:23 PST 2011

I have the code runner back up now. I tweaked the ulimits,
moved it all to a restricted and firewalled VM, and put it
on a separate domain (so if someone abuses the cgi passthrough,
they can't really do too much there either)

http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/

Feel free to try to break it with arbitray code, on the
condition that if you do break it, tell me how you did it.

Another thing you might notice is the announcements and commits
are now clickable links. Commits lead to the github page about it.
Announcements lead to a little newsgroup/web interface I started
last night. (I *hate* the current web news, but we need something
usable for web links to posts.)

Of course, it caches everything too. It lazily loads archives
from the news server, but after it gets it once, it puts it in
a local mysql database for all future use. It's still a work
in progress. Already strips out bad content types and MIME
multipart messages as well as link threads together (from bottom
up, not from top down. To see it, paste a message-ID into the url
and you can walk the chain up).

Coming later is an index and posting capabilities.

It's source code is available here:
http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/nntp.d

Helper modules are in this folder:
http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/arsd/