(Was: On 80 columns should (not) be enough for everyone)

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at Erdani.org
Sun Jan 30 15:43:35 PST 2011

== Quote from Walter Bright (newshound2 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> foobar wrote:
> > ATM, Phobos ranks extremely poorly in this regard. Far worse than C++ which
> > is by far one of worst ever. both Java and C# are surprisingly high on this
> > list and are behind various "new-age" scripting languages such as python and
> > Ruby and languages that were designed to be readable by humans such as
> > Smalltalk.
> I think you've mixed up libraries with languages. Please rephrase so we know
> what you're referring to and give specifics.

Seconded. Also there is this one presupposition that reflects poorly on foobar's argument: that choosing foobar's
preferred convention inherently makes the code more accessible. In fact, a stronger argument could be made to
the contrary as we're talking about a maximum and 80 < 120.

Andrei from the ER