On 80 columns should (not) be enough for everyone

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jan 30 22:10:23 PST 2011

"Jeff Nowakowski" <jeff at dilacero.org> wrote in message
news:ii4rdu$2lvc$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 01/30/2011 04:29 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>>
>> Minor side note: Vertical space being much more important than horizontal
>> for both code and other text is the primary reason I'd never consider
>> getting a widescreen monitor.
>
> Widescreen monitors are awesome as an alternative to dual-screen monitors.
> I liked the idea of being able to compare stuff side-by-side with dual
> screens, but never liked the implementation. Too much fussing around and
> an ugly gap in the middle.

Yea, not bad at that.

> As for vertical space, I just made sure the monitor I bought had as much
> or more than the old one it replaced.

I'm typically limited more horizontally than vertically, so replacing a
non-widescreen with a widescreen that's at least as tall would likely mean
getting one that's too wide to fit.