On 80 columns should (not) be enough for everyone

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jan 31 04:26:30 PST 2011

"Daniel Gibson" <metalcaedes at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:ii67i0$1vf2$2 at digitalmars.com...
> Am 31.01.2011 00:17, schrieb Stewart Gordon:
>>
>> For all I know, people probably still do run the D compiler in the
>> terminal app on Unix-like systems.
>>

> 1. The D-Compiler doesn't care if the code fits in your terminal
> 2. You can have bigger terminals than 80x25 - just resize your
> xterm/rxvt/gnome-terminal/putty/whatever

Not if you're in text-mode. Which could happen if your X11 gets fucked.
Which has happened to me [randomly] on more than one occasion. Of course, if
that does happen, then editing D code probably wouldn't be your biggest
priority, so I'm not really making much of a point here...