"Internal error: backend\cod1.c 1895" when trying to build DMD/Druntime/Phobos from source

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Mon Jan 31 06:33:19 PST 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 06:13:54 +0200, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> Compiling the source from the .zip still yields a broken dmd.exe. My
>> version and the one from the .zip seem to differ in many small ways.
>> The first difference is that in main(), the .zip version calls a
>> function to get the address of errno, while my .exe accesses a variable
>> directly.
>
> Check your dmc's errno.h. It should call a function.

It's declared as follows:

#if defined(_MT) || defined(_DLL) || __cplusplus
extern int * __CLIB _errno(void);
#define errno (*_errno())
#else
extern int __cdecl errno;
#endif

So, which of _MT or _DLL or __cplusplus should be defined on my machine
but aren't?

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net