d-programming-language.org

Ary Manzana ary at esperanto.org.ar
Mon Jan 31 08:08:33 PST 2011

> I've had some style updates from David Gileadi rotting in a zip file in
> my inbox for a good while. It took me the better part of today to
> manually merge his stale files with the ones in the repository, which
> have in the meantime undergone many changes.
>
> The result is in http://d-programming-language.org. It has (or at least
> should have) no new content, only style changes. I added a simple site
> index, see http://d-programming-language.org/siteindex.html. It's not
> linked from anywhere but gives a good entry point for all pages on the
> site.

It looks great!!

The only think I don't like is the background image. I mean, I like the
background, it just doesn't have to be an image. Each time I go to
another page it shows me a white page and then loads everything. It
would be much better to use the lastest css gradient feature (
http://robertnyman.com/2010/02/15/css-gradients-for-all-web-browsers-without-using-images/
). Of course this won't work in IE, but just put a brown background
color for IE or put a background image just for IE.