d-programming-language.org

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:40:59 PST 2011

Ary Manzana
> The only think I don't like is the background image. I mean, I like
> the background, it just doesn't have to be an image. Each time I go to
> another page it shows me a white page and then loads everything.

That's not the image's fault. The image is cached and background
loaded, so the main page never has to wait on it.

The problem is a meta refresh on some of the pages. Meta refresh is
evil evil evil and sucks massively. I wish nobody used it. It's
completely useless too. And it delays the page load, giving the
white we see here.

The right way to do that is with an http redirect, or just pointing
the links to the files themselves. (symlink them on the server
perhaps if you want both names to work, but I'd just change the
link targets in the side to pick one name or the other.)

Kill all meta refreshes with fire!