Is D still alive?

Ulrik Mikaelsson ulrik.mikaelsson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:44:43 PST 2011

2011/1/31 Jesse Phillips <jessekphillips+D at gmail.com>:
> I do not think there is an issue with using D2 in a new project, but if you have to ask you probably should go with D1. I say this because someone who is aware of the issues present in the language is able to decide if their desired project would be hindered by the bug.
I completely agree with this, but that important "if" is not conveyed
by the recommendation "D version 2 which is recommended for new
projects." :) I think it's not as much a problem of actual problems,
as a problem of wrong expectations.

Anyhow, D1 is a great language. D2 looks to be an ever better language
and from what I hear rapidly stabilizing. The only reason I brought
this up (after days of questioning if it's even worth mentioning), is
hoping to avoid the same problems when D3 arrives.