(Was: On 80 columns should (not) be enough for everyone)

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:38:50 PST 2011

Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> I'm all for it (voice with no authority).

Here it is with the brief css change to put it in a grid:

http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/std_algorithm.html

It's a very small change that, to me, makes a huge difference.

> I really think ddoc needs to be revamped to do more in this area,
> along with cross-linking.

Agreed. Though, if we can't change the compiler, we could do this
with a macro too.

Use ($func std.file.read) to read a file.

And the $func macro can simply link it to the right place, or to
something like my own dpldocs.info/std.file.read to redirect/search
for the referenced item.

Say... I wonder... there's already a class "d_psymbol" in the
html, I could do this in the script too, or maybe with a simple
tweak to the existing macro.

I did it in script on that same link. I'm not in love with it,
but it proves the concept is easy enough with what we already
have.