Image Resizing by Seam Carving (Was: On 80 columns should (not) be enough foreveryone)

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Jan 31 16:23:17 PST 2011

"David Nadlinger" <see at klickverbot.at> wrote in message
news:ii797m$13ir$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 1/31/11 10:09 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> I bet it's patented.
>
> http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7873211.html, it seems to apply to video
> only though.

It would have to be limited to video, the filing date is 2009 and this was
presented at SIGGRAPH 2007. Jesus fuck, and they even *reference* that prior
art in the very first "Other References"!!

Gee, I wonder what douchebag owns this patent? Oh look, it's "Don't Be Evil"
Google...Why am I not remotely surprised? (Hint: "publically traded
corporation" together with "don't be evil" is complete fucking
contradiction, by their very definitions. Always has been, always will be.)