D brand identity repository

Mafi mafi at example.org
Fri Jul 1 10:21:11 PDT 2011

Am 01.07.2011 18:08, schrieb James Fisher:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Mafi <mafi at example.org
> <mailto:mafi at example.org>> wrote:
>
>     This is my try.
>     What do you guys think about it?
>

> So, I do think yours has merit.  The one gripe I have with it is a lack
> of obviousness.  Compare:
>
> New Python user: "say, why's your logo made of snakes?"
> Pythoneer: "..."
where "..." is "Well, the creator of the language was a fan of Monty
Python. So he decided to call the language python. Now, when they needed
a logo, they just decieded to reinterpret 'python' and made the logo out
of snakes. When now somebody sees a snake in programming context he
thinks of 'python', the only language whose name *sounds* like the name
of a snake."

But you're right. With 'python' it's anyways a lot more obvious than
with 'D'.