D brand identity repository

Torarin torarind at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:22:22 PDT 2011

2011/7/3 James Fisher <jameshfisher at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 10:32 PM, Jimmy Cao <jcao219 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The mockup looks pretty good.
>> I think the current D website should incorporate the idea of having those
>> big tab-like links up at the top.
>> See:
>> http://eegg.github.com/d-brand/mockup.png
>> http://ironpython.net/
>> http://cobra-language.com/
>> Right now there's just empty space.
>
> Sure thing.  Updated http://eegg.github.com/d-brand/mockup.png, now with:
> - jumbo tabs
> - code sample
> - download links
> WRT the code sample, I think I remember seeing somewhere a web-hosted D
> installation? This for Go is one of my favourite features of their site
> (shame about the language itself).  Such a thing for D would be a big
> attraction.

Jumbo tabs great. Open Sans is pretty. I miss the colors in this:
http://eegg.github.com/d-brand/d-logo-11.png.
I even like the font you used on that one, but I don't know how well
it would work in combination with Open Sans. I think the code sample
should go in the body of the page. Can you try one with the three
colored celestial bodies by themselves and "The D Programming
Language" more prominently sized in the header?

You're doing great work with this!

Torarin