D brand identity repository

James Fisher jameshfisher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 05:15:37 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2011-07-02 23:01, James Fisher wrote:
>
>> So, here's a website mockup: http://eegg.github.com/d-**brand/mockup.png<http://eegg.github.com/d-brand/mockup.png>
>>
>> Comments appreciated.
>>

> In general I like it. I think the top tabs are a little too big. You could
> cut the height in half I think, it's wasting a too much vertical space. You
> can easily cut off 30px above and below the text in the tabs.

That is true, though I do have a few reasons for keeping 'em big:

- I think the composition works better with it being a half or a third of
the height of the sand-color banner.
- potentially, a second layer of links could be introduced.  (Though in
general I shy away from multi-level top-level links as over-engineered,
unless the site is really complex, which it's not.)
- on other pages, e.g. the docs, I'm considering having the logo in the dark
banner (at the same x-pos).  This would require some space.
- last but not least, it's the web, not paper, and we have all the space we
want for free!

> I would be nice to see a mouckup of one page from the language reference
> and one from the library reference, for example:
>
> http://d-programming-language.**org/lex.html<http://d-programming-language.org/lex.html>
> http://d-programming-language.**org/phobos/std_string.html<http://d-programming-language.org/phobos/std_string.html>

I'll come up with those when I stop playing around with Inkscape, and mock
up in HTML/CSS.