d-programming-language.org

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Jul 3 13:50:00 PDT 2011

Andrei:

> Safe on top of flexible is the best design. If there is anything
> preventing you from defining a type with the behavior you mention, you
> may want to file a bug.

I am not a believer. Compile time/run time integral overflows to be "good enough" need to be built-in, more than associative arrays. How do you implement the compile-time ones? Run-time integral overflows need to be tested everywhere you don't explicitly ask for them to not happen, otherwise you will not catch most bugs.

Bye,
bearophile