D Programming Language Specification ebook

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jul 3 19:11:10 PDT 2011

I think it would be a good move to make a kindle ebook out of the specification
on the web site. Not only will it be convenient for those who wish to peruse the
spec using a kindle, it will be helpful for marketing etc.

The difficulty is that if I put the ebook up on Amazon for free, people tend to
equate free with "crap". It needs to have a price on it to be taken seriously.

But if I put a price on it, people will be demotivated to continue contributing
to it, because they'll perceive someone else profiting from their work.

Perhaps proceeds from it should be put towards other promotions of D, like maybe
a conference? More contests with prizes?

What do you all think? $0? $4.99? $9.99?

And yes, the content will be identical to that on the website, just formatted
for the kindle.