D Programming Language Specification ebook

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Jul 3 20:50:07 PDT 2011

On 7/3/2011 8:23 PM, Daniel Gibson wrote:
> Ok, I don't really know what kinds of other formats are available and
> how well they work, because I don't have an eBook-reader myself.
> I thought PDF was common because at least everybody can display it and
> formatting isn't screwed up by.

PDF works great if your e-reader has an 8.5*11 size viewing area. Alas, none of
them do.

> But being able to reflow the text is certainly an important feature if
> you want to use it on displays of different size or if you want to
> change the fontsize.

I recently bought a science "ebook" that turned out to be a pdf of the print
version. It is frankly unreadable on any ebook devices. The only way I could
read it was to throw it up on my 28" desktop monitor.

(It was a good book regardless of the cluelessness of the author on how to do an
ebook.)