D brand identity repository

James Fisher jameshfisher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 00:42:44 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>wrote:

> Overall, I'd say that I have to agree. I like the current look and feel of
> d-
> programming-language.org, and I don't see anything wrong with its logo
> either
> (and it looks _way_ better than any of the logos suggested here IMHO). I'm
> sure that the site could be improved, but the kind of stuff being discussed
> in
> this thread is incredibly subjective and it doesn't generally seem like
> much
> of an improvement. d-programming-language.org is generally a step up from
> how
> www.digitalmars.com looks, and the website situation has been improving.
> So
> truth be told, I don't understand this discussion at all. It seems to me
> like
> it's a bikeshedding argument on website and logo design. I'm sure that help
> on
> d-programming-language.org would be appreciated, but working on
> redesigning
> the website _again_ seems to me like a waste of time which would be better
> spent elsewhere.

I'm not sure what gave the impression that the people in this thread want to
start again from scratch, but that impression seems to be the source of some
hostility.  At least in my case, that's *not* what I'm proposing.  Pretty
much everything here can be categorized as formalizing, cleaning up, or
improving work that's already been done.