D brand identity repository

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Mon Jul 4 07:40:08 PDT 2011

On 7/4/11 4:14 PM, Jose Armando Garcia wrote:
> […]  Why don't we use something similar for inspiration for
> D's logo. For D we can use duality and have the two moons of mars
> represent that duality. For example these are dualities that are first
> class citizens in D: Functional vs OO, Stack (struct) vs heap (class),
> message passing (Tid) vs shared memory (shared), runtime polymorphism
> (inheritance and override) vs compile time (template), etc.

I have also been thinking about this, not so much about the duality
aspect, but simply the fact that D allows you to easily express a number
of different concepts (template metaprogramming, OOP, functional
programming, …) and in most cases to freely mix and match as you see
fit, but I wasn't really able to come up with an idea how to express
this in logo form.

The only thing coming to my mind was different abstract geometric
shapes, but I just couldn't get a finished image to appear in front of
my mind's eye…

David