D brand identity repository

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Mon Jul 4 11:12:38 PDT 2011

On 7/4/11 7:56 PM, David Gileadi wrote:
> One concern I have is that the D site has a lot of pages, and the
> navigation can be a bit hairy. I'd like to see a mockup of a sub-page, a
> Phobos or Language Spec page for instance, that shows what
> sub-navigation would look like with your design.

Personally, I would suggest using every possible bit of screen real
estate to make the API documentation more accessible, with a symbol
hierarchy/search results bar (identifier search like dpldocs.info) to
the left and the main content area taking the rest of the browser window.

This »DDoc viewer« would be integrated into the rest of the site with a
thin dark bar at the top of the window, saying »[<<< Back to main site.]
D Standard Library (Phobos) API documentation« (hey, I already had this
in my mind before Google changed their design^^).

I have been planning to build something like this for ages, but just
didn't find enough time to do so…

David