D Programming Language Specification ebook

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:47:59 PDT 2011

Am 04.07.2011 23:36, schrieb Walter Bright:
>> Free books does not mean free eBooks. A free book takes money to
>> create every
>> copy, so it can be assumed that if it's free, they are making their
>> money some
>> other way (i.e. they are selling you something indirectly). But a free
>> eBook
>> does not require money per copy to produce, so its quality cannot be
>> judged
>> based on the price (either way, check out alphascript publishing).
>
> Cannot be? Sure. But it is. There were some recent articles about how
> Amazon is being flooded with junk ebooks, and that a lot of people seem
> to be filtering them based on price.

And then there are these idiots selling Wikipedia articles printed on
demand quite expensively, so price is a rather bad criteria.
(See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphascript and
http://thanetonline.blogspot.com/2011/01/great-internet-bookselling-rip-off.html
)

I wouldn't be surprised if similar (expensive) scams exist for the
kindle as well.

Cheers,
- Daniel