D Programming Language Specification ebook

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Jul 4 17:15:41 PDT 2011

On 2011-07-04 16:53, Torarin wrote:
> 2011/7/5 Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>:
> > It's "whom" :o).
> >
> > Andrei
>
> Are you sure? The "people" in "people ... are complete idiots" are the
> subjects of the sentence, so surely the subjective case of who is
> appropriate?

I'm pretty sure that who is the correct choice here for pretty much the reason
that you're giving, but it's the sort of thing that could get pretty
argumentative, so I didn't say anything. Whom really isn't used much these
days (though far more than thou or thy and their ilk), so it's more or less
dying out of the language, though plenty of the more literary folks still use
it. Personally, I think that life would be simpler without it, but it's not
completely gone yet.

- Jonathan M Davis